HR's role to improve a company

Write, discuss on any topic that interests you. Make yourself heard!

HR's role to improve a company

Postby sunilediga » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:26 pm

I have done my MBA and a fresher, just got a new job two months back as an HR in a leather manufacturing industry. I have introduced some innovative policies in the company and all the employees are happy about the changes. They want these policies to be published so that every other company will know about it. Are there any other ways to publicize it?

Re: HR's role to improve a company

Postby Moderator_04 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Please start with publishing your new policies here.. :) I'm very interested in knowing about those. In the offline-world, you can connect with the HR community in your city (try social networking websites like Orkut to find about these communities), and discuss, debate your ideas. On the web, http://www.citehr.com/ is an example of a forum for HR professionals.

Here are my two cents on HR policies that people seem to like -
A library, gym membership, reading room, play area (with Table tennis, carom board) for the employees. Internet cafe at the workplace, for people who do not use computers for work. Periodic contests, quizzes, monthly / weekly birthday celebrations, and short out-station trips.

Postby vkumar73 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Try participating in award functions. One such award that can give your strategies and policies recognition is SAIL HR awards. just log in to sailhrawards.com for more information in this.

useful tips

Postby Gossioii0 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:11 am

This is great! It really shows me where to expand my blog. I think that sometime in the future I might try to write a book to go along with my blog, but we will see…Good post with useful tips and ideas

Postby stephenmorphey » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi sunilediga...
Start participating in award functions. Also you can start posting your policies in HR forums.
Always Be Happy...

Return to The Hangout