Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:11 pm
Common mistakes in tatkal passport applications:
- No column in the form should be left blank. Write NA / Not applicable, instead.
- Carry originals for all documents and 2 photocopies.
- As for address proofs, submit the First and Twelfth month Bank statement/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill and not the entire 12 months. These can be self attested and need not be attested by Notary. However, bring the originals for verification and return.
- For address proofs: evidences by any relatives or landlords etc., would not assist in the submission of the application form. Stick to the standard checklist.
- Use ball pens only for signature and sign all the places where signatures are required. Signature in Roller ball pen/ink pen/Gel pen gets smudged while heat lamination.
- TATKAL applications which are accompanied by Annexure "F" or verification certificate should always be in the Official Stationery of the Officer issuing the certificate.
- Invariably enclose the Official and Residence telephone of the Officer with Mobile phone, copy of the Identity card with photograph of the officer. Defence officials need not submit their official photo ID.
- Photo of the Applicant should be stamped with the office seal.
- The verification certificate should carry the document reference number - which indicates the authenticity of the letter head / office stationery.