Tatkal Passport

Buy, Sell or exchange your study material, find offers and discount / cashback schemes here. Posting any copyrighted PDF or other material is not allowed. DO NOT post your contact details. Use the Private Messaging (PM) feature.

Tatkal Passport

Postby Marketing » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Common mistakes in tatkal passport applications:
  • No column in the form should be left blank. Write NA / Not applicable, instead.
  • Carry originals for all documents and 2 photocopies.
  • As for address proofs, submit the First and Twelfth month Bank statement/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill and not the entire 12 months. These can be self attested and need not be attested by Notary. However, bring the originals for verification and return.
  • For address proofs: evidences by any relatives or landlords etc., would not assist in the submission of the application form. Stick to the standard checklist.
  • Use ball pens only for signature and sign all the places where signatures are required. Signature in Roller ball pen/ink pen/Gel pen gets smudged while heat lamination.
  • TATKAL applications which are accompanied by Annexure "F" or verification certificate should always be in the Official Stationery of the Officer issuing the certificate.
  • Invariably enclose the Official and Residence telephone of the Officer with Mobile phone, copy of the Identity card with photograph of the officer. Defence officials need not submit their official photo ID.
  • Photo of the Applicant should be stamped with the office seal.
  • The verification certificate should carry the document reference number - which indicates the authenticity of the letter head / office stationery.

Tatkal Passport

Postby NuhSheelayNef » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Has anyone experienced or has knowledge of the easiest /quickest /hassle free way of renewing a UK Passport, for those in full time residence here in France?

Re: Tatkal Passport

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Visit the UK Embassy in France. The procedure is fairly simple and quick.

Re: Tatkal Passport

Postby Marketing » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Although, it is not necessary to provide a reasoning for the urgency of your need for tatkal passport, the passport officer may inquire about it. Please be informed that the tatkal scheme is meant to be used only for the following reasons:

• Medical emergency: Patients going abroad for medical treatment, Persons traveling abroad due to death of a close relative, Blood relative of a person residing abroad who is seriously ill.
  • Educational need: Students appearing in examinations such as SAT or GRE, Students going abroad to join foreign universities.
  • Business: Businessmen going abroad urgently for trade, conference, trade fairs etc, or Winners of promotional awards and schemes foreign travel is a prize or incentive.
  • Family: Spouse of official passport holders going abroad and availing companion ticket, Close relatives of individuals working abroad, Individuals wishing to go abroad to attend marriage of close relatives, For marriage or honeymoon after marriage, Pilgrimages and travels for religious purposes.

It is advisable to carry supporting documents (if applicable and available) with you, to present it to the passport officer.

Tatkal Passport

Postby KingPinPlay » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi Satya,

Thats all fine but if I am applying to renew the passport on the application if I say married, would I be subject to all those supporting documents of adding spouse to passport? Or should I be silent and just say I am single?

Thanks

Return to Market place