EXECUTIVE MBA IN OIL & GAS

Post your questions here and our MBA alumni team will answer them promptly. While all questions are welcome, specific ones are appreciated. Asking 'How do I study for CAT', will result in a reply with a Google link.

EXECUTIVE MBA IN OIL & GAS

Postby YAJNAS » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Presently i am working with a Navratna PSU of OIL & GAS sector .I have 12 years of expereince in this oil & gas sector.I am a pass out of 1997 batch in BE(Mechanical) from MNREC(Presently MNNIT),Allahabad.

Can you suggest me the institute along with their repute in India for the EMBA in Oil & Gas sector?

What about PGDPM-X from IPMG,Gandhi Nagar

Please respond.

Re: EXECUTIVE MBA IN OIL & GAS

Postby Moderator_08 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:19 am

If you are looking at studying in India, IPMG, Gujarat, and the University of petroleum and Gas, Dehradun would be a good choices.

If you can afford the expenses, I'd recommend an international MBA, as that opens more and better options for you. Some of the universities you can consider are: S.P. Jain Dubai, Robert Gordon University, and the University of Dundee.

But, as discussed in the thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105#p123 the specialization is only a plus; and not a requisite, and you needn't limit your options to Oil & Gas specific institutes alone.

Postby YAJNAS » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanx for your early response. As i do not want to quit my job & want to add the specialization in my CV keeping in view the future of OIL & GAS in India & Abroad.

Please suggest whether the institute providing International MBA can be pursued along with job.

Further which one is better IPMG, Gandhi nagar or UPES, DEHRADUN -- If we consider industry interface.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Postby admin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:13 pm

If you don't wish to quit the job, and get an international degree, then you're looking at the distance learning courses, or courses conducted in affiliation with foreign universities. University of Phoenix is one reputable name that comes to my mind for distance program. However, IMO, a part-time, executive MBA program is certainly better than these.

UPES, Dehradun has better industrial tie-ups, but IPMG may benefit from the location-factor.

Postby She » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:38 pm

I am also a passout of MNR 98 batch having the same experience of oil doing MBA in SP Jain.Just send me ur mail id

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi All,
I am interested in doing my MBA in oil and Gas from an international insituite,
I have done my Btech in IT and have 3yrs of experience in the same field,
some of the colleges that I have shortlisted are IFT school at FRANCE ,Gubkin College in Russia.
Please can any one advice if these two colleges are worth studying..
please if any one can suggest me any other internaional college.
thxans in advance

Postby Moderator_06 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:01 pm

'Worth studying at' would be a very subjective and personal opinion. Both the colleges you mentioned do not figure in the rankings list of MBA colleges. But that doesn't mean they are worthless. You should check whether the programs meet your requirements. Refer the FT, Business Week or US-News Rankings lists as your starting point.

Also, checkout viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105

Postby AKPAKLI ROGER » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:24 pm

I graduated from the University of Ghana with a Degree in Economics and would love to pursue an MBA in OIL AND GAS.

What options do I have?

Postby Brazil » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:17 am

She wrote:I am also a passout of MNR 98 batch having the same experience of oil doing MBA in SP Jain.Just send me ur mail id

How is S.P. Jain Institute for Oil and Gas MBA if one wants to do full time.

Postby tyagikind » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi, to all of u reading this thread

Actually, I need precious advice of you people

Currently i m working in Oil & Gas Sector in Business Development Deppt.
with having a total experience of 1 year . Now I want to upgrade my profile by doing a MBA distane learning . I have two choices UPES Dehradun & IPTG Gandhinagar.

So can u people tell me which one is better in terms of salary package as well as of reputation.

One more thing , if i choose UPES Dehradun , can u tell me What they used to ask in the Admission Interview. Whether they ask about work experience or something else ?

Thanks in advance & looking froward to hear from u people

Next

Return to Questions and Answers office