MBA in India Vs MBA abroad - US / UK

Post your questions here and our MBA alumni team will answer them promptly. While all questions are welcome, specific ones are appreciated. Asking 'How do I study for CAT', will result in a reply with a Google link.

Re: MBA in India Vs MBA abroad - US / UK

Postby admin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:34 pm

Ricky, you can look at Masters in Industrial Management / Masters in International management programs by ESSEC, France and Bocconi, Italy.

Postby kapilver » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Why people wanna do their MBA from US and UK while we have IIM, DU and other institutes to complete are Study.

Postby RICKI » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:19 am

THNX SIR/MAM FOR UR RESPONSE . I HAVE SELECTED B SCHOOL FOR ME BUT NOW I AM IN BIT TROUBLE FOR INTERNSHIP . I WANT TO DU INTERNSHIP FROM ABROAD . SIR/MAM PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOME INTERNSHIP ABROAD PROGRAMS BUT WHICH ARE AT AFFORDABLE PRICE.INTERNSHIP IN MANAGEMENT

Postby jasmine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Hello sir,
I m from Nashik city.
I hve graduated in bms 4m mumbai so m plannin 2 do mba frm nmims mumbai(donation) or indira business school pune(on merit) or shud opt for abroad
m nt able to take right ...decision. im in confusion
can you help me?

My email id is luv_jas20@yahoo.com[/quote]

MBA in India Vs MBA abroad US / UK

Postby undunk » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi guys... im planning to do my MBA abroad.. currently perusing my B.E degree... will be completing it next year... i am average student , so certainly not looking for the top B schools... pls gimme suggestion where it will be best for me do it...

Postby anonymous1 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:44 am

hi,

My 2 cents on foreign MBAs . Doing MBA abroad is great learning experience. Even attending a decent school aborad will provide you great exposure and quality of education. Very good chance of being thought by leading people in industry and academecia. However it is a costly affair unless you get good amount of funding which is limited. But there are cons to it. Finding a job may not be easy task. You are left on your own to do it. Also with the recent economic downturn job situation is bad in US/Europe. It is very difficult to get visa sponsorship especially if you are MBA. Also returning back to India can be quiet unsettling. You may not be able to find a job that you expect to get. Work environment may differ drastically and work culture can be very unfriendly at many places. Reverse cultural shock might set in. Unless your school is well recognised in this part of the world it may be an harrasing experience. Also india market is not yet well developed for consulting and Ibanking it might be difficult to find a suitable role. The MBA abroad is not a holy grail people focus more on learning aspects of the program unlike in India where it is seen as holy grail and everything is equated to money. So just think about what you might want. Also an MBA is comming under question nowdays with the down turn.
Mostly consulting firms prefer MBAs but there are so many partners who do not have MBAs. It is only a passport for entry performance is the key once you are inside.Especially with emergence of KPOs people with research experience are moving to consulting and Ibanking roles even without MBA. Moreover with APAC market doing this well an Indian MBA might be better to meet your goals after all. So before embarking on your MBA program think about your goals.

Regards

well wisher

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:54 am

Sir, i have done my graduation in bsc.computer science(mumbai university). i want to do mba abroad. what steps are required 2get admissions in uk universities. which exams are necessary.. any work experience required? i have no idea about it. sir plz give me complete details so that i can start my preparations...
my id is-
sanketp44@gmail.com

Postby admin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Sanket, you need at least 3 years of work experience for an International MBA degree; although it's recommended that you have about 5 years. Most programs need a GMAT score. So, start preparing for the GMAT exam.

Postby admin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:07 am

About Global MBA - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=133

Postby siddharthgera » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi

I am a graduate of IIT Delhi and presently working as an associate in ZS Associates (It is a US based sales and marketing consultancy). I have been torn apart in deciding which MBA to go for. As far as CAT is concerned, I am very sure I can crack it if I give it a serious try and being from IIT makes my pursuit of IIMs A,B,C pretty achievable. However, the likes of Harvard, GSB-Stanford and Tuck-Dartmouth always give me jitters but the tough admission criteria always makes me stand on the back-foot while thinking about applying. So, it'd be great if you could let me know what factors should I keep in mind while weighing my options. My details are:

1. GPA: 8.6/10, graduation from IIT Delhi
2. I am looking to apply after a 2-3 years of work-experience at ZS Associates
3. GMAT Score: 750

If you guys think I have a shot at the likes of Ivy league, what more should I indulge in, in order to strengthen my application.

Thanks a lot
Siddharth

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Answers office