Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM)
One of the most coveted MBA programs in India is offered by this Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalli . This institute was established in the year 1984 by the Bharat Ratna award winner Shri. C.Subramanian and with Prof. P.S.Mani Sundaram. This institute is the first management institute in the country to be housed inside an industrial giant when a partnership was signed with BHEL. With an annual intake of 120 students this institute enjoys a unique symbiotic relationship with BHEL in terms of academic inputs and continuous industry exposure. This institute is ranked as A+ Business school by the Business India.
• 100 % placements since the very first batch.
• Average Salary Rs. 8.20 lakhs for the 2007-2008 batch.
• CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2007 - ranks BIM as No.1 B-School in South Region, No.10 in Top B-Schools of Excellence in India & No.19 in Placement, Industry Interface & USP.
• Business Word-GfK Mode B-School Survey 2007 - Ranked No.13 in Learning Experience.
• Outlook C-fore Survey 2007 - Ranked No.11 in Top Government-Aided B-Schools.
• Active Collaboration with the Public Sector Giant - BHEL and located inside BHEL Complex
• Distinguished Alumni occupying key positions in leading National and Multinational Companies.
• Active Partnership with Industry.
• Rated as one of the best B-Schools in Asia by Asiaweek
• Diverse Student mix from all Indian states that encourages Cross-Cultural Sensitivities
• Won the Imagine Cup 2005 (August 2005) organized by Microsoft, Yokahama, Japan.Eligibility
A candidate should be a graduate or a post graduate in any disipline with a minimum score of 50% marks. Final Year Degree students may also apply. BIM has an annual intake of 120 students.Application Procedure
The application form can be obtained from the official website: http://www.bim.edu
or can be obtained via draft or post for 1400/-Rs.
For 2009-2011 Admissions, BIM accepts CAT 2008 scores only.
Admission-Category wise Cut-Off Percentile scores in the CAT -
OC 95; BC 75; MBC 70; SC 70; ST 70Admission Procedure and Fees
Admission is purely based on the merits of the score obtained in the Common Admission test. Short listed candidates will be called for group discussion and personal interview. Tuition fee is approximately Rs. 6,50,000/-
for the two years. Boarding and accommodation is separate - approx. Rs.16,000 p.a. (likely to be changed)Placements
This institute ranks 13th in placements and ranks 13th in Highest Domestic Salary by Cosmode Business World. It gives a average salary of Rs 20000 and highest of 50,000 for the students in their summer placements. The minimum salary given to the students in their final placements is Rs. 5.5 lakhs p.a. and the highest salary offered is Rs. 10.71 Lakhs p.a.
Average salary for the 2008 batch stood at INR 8.2 lakhs
The Institute has a library with a comprehensive collection of more than 10,000 volumes, journals, periodicals, Online Databases (like EBSCO, CRISINFAC, IBID, DELNET, INFONET, CMIE, INDIASTAT etc.), video tapes and CDs on Management. Impressive collection of video cassettes, CD's and DVD's on a wide range of managerial issues augment the library.Contact
Bharathidasan Institute of Management
POST BOX NO.12, BHEL COMPLEX, TIRUCHIRAPPALLI-620 014
PHONE: (0431) 2520502, 2520796
TELEFAX: (0431) 2520733